Running Start for Lincoln High School Students
Running Start is a program for High School Juniors and Seniors to take college classes at Washington two-year colleges and earn high school and college credit at the same time. Tuition is free for a maximum of 15 credits per quarter in college-level courses numbered 100 or higher. However, the number of college credits each student may take free of tuition costs depends on how many classes the student is concurrently taking at the high school.
- Students are responsible for tuition for pre-college courses (numbering below 100) and any credits that exceed their allowable limit.
- Students are responsible for the cost of books and transportation; however, fee waivers for these expenses (not including transportation) are available for students who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
Running Start Info Session Spring 2022
- A High School Junior or Senior
- Place into college level English OR math on the placement test (taken at the college)
- Some colleges will accept your ACT, SAT, or high school transcript for placement in lieu of the placement test. Check the college websites for more information.
The Lincoln Running Start deadline Running Start is June 3, 2022. All requirements below need to be completed before a counselor can sign your EVF.
At the college:
- Attend information session
- Apply to the college
- Take placement tests
At Lincoln High School:
Watch LHS information session (above or found on the Lincoln Youtube, if you missed it in Mentorship on 4/28)
Read and sign the SPS MOU.
Complete course planning worksheet
Fill out your personal information and the classes you intend to take on your Running Start Registration Form (Microsoft Forms). Please note that completing this form is only preliminary information. Your Running Start enrollment is not complete until your Enrollment Verification Form (EVF) below has been completed.
When steps 1-4 have been completed, come to drop-in time to get your EVF signed by your counselor:
May 2- May 6 during lunch
May 9- May 13 during lunch
After May 13, you can book an appointment using Schoology to meet with your counselor.
All required documentation (found in your counselor’s Schoology page) needs to be completed BEFORE meeting with your counselor.
June 3 is a hard deadline. School counselors book up a few days in advance, so please plan accordingly!
Forms (found in your counselor’s Schoology page)
- SPS Running Start Memorandum of Understanding
- Course Planning Worksheet
- Running Start Registration Form