Lincoln Daily Bulletin
Week of 1/30 – 2/3/2023
- On Wednesday, February 8th, LHS for Climate Justice is holding a Good Citizenship/Temperance Day during Lynx Time! This is an event where Social Justice Club, Keystone Club, Leftists At Lincoln, Voice in Sport, National Honor Society, and Feminism Club will host short presentations on different bills in the 2023 Legislative Session and students can get registered or pre-registered to vote. Sign up at this link!
- Hey Lincoln, vending machines were installed today (1/31) in various points around the school. They have not been stocked yet, so are not ready to use! Please be respectful of the machines, and access them when it is appropriate to do so. Items available to purchase are required to align with federal nutrition guidelines, and profits from the machines will go into the general ASB fund. If you have questions about the machines, please contact Ms Neu or Aayush Muthuswamy.
- Seniors! The Senior Portraits and Quotes pages as seen in the yearbook are posted the wall to the right of the library! Please go check to ensure that your portrait and quote are as you want them to appear in the yearbook. If they are not, please email changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Class of 2025 Night at Tutta Bella – Wallingford, 4411 Stone Way N, Tuesday February 7th from 6-8pm. Students, Parents, Families, Friends…Everyone is welcome to the Class of 2025 Night at Tutta Bella! Grab a group and join a no-host evening of delicious food, games, prizes and community fun. Bonus! 20% of our net sales from the evening will be donated to the Class of 2025!!! See you there! Can’t join us in-person but still want to support the Class of 2025? No worries! Sunday 2/5-Thursday 2/9 when you use the code EasyAsPieLHS25 Tutta Bella will be donate 20% of ALL net sales at ALL LOCATIONS (dine-in or take-out).
- Senior Athletes!!! If you plan to commit to continue your athletic career in college, you have until February 17th to notify the Senior Signing committee that you would like to be a part of the Senior Signing celebration on March 3rd. If interested, please email email@example.com or dm @lincolnseattleathletics!!!
- Lincoln Athletes! Are you trying out for spring sports and in need of a sports physical? Sports physicals can be done right here in the Teen Health Center! Stop by the Teen Health Center and make an appointment as soon as possible to ensure you can get your sports physical done before tryouts!
- Animal Welfare Club is holding a drive collecting supplies for Seattle Area Feline Rescue’s Pet Pantry. The donation box will be in the library and we will be collecting any pet food or pet supplies. The donation box will be out until February 10th. If you have any questions, DM @lincolnanimalwelfare on Instagram.
- A message from the class of 2026 council. Valentine’s day is around the corner! Come to the lower commons from Feb 6-10 to buy a Wintergram for just $1–or get double the candy for $2 for a special someone!
Support Lynx Athletics
All matches are subject to change! For the most up-to-date information visit the Metro League website.
Athletics registration for 2022-2023 Winter sports is closed, but is open for Spring sports. Go to the Athletics page for registration information.
Below is a link where all SPS-hosted games will be posted to purchase tickets:
Games will be published the Monday before at 10 AM.
A few reminders:
- To avoid any technical issues on gameday, please download your ticket to a mobile device for entry before arriving at this venue
- To expedite entry, please ensure your ticket is accessible (ready to be scanned) before proceeding to the gym entrance
This week we start our postseason for many winter sports. Specifically, girls wrestling competes on Monday in their Metro championships and boys wrestling is on Friday and Saturday (both hosted at Chief Sealth). A big acknowledgement (and hooray!) for bowling, who qualified for state as a team, and competes on Wednesday and Thursday at Bowlero in Tukwila. Swim and dive competes in their Metro championships on Friday and Saturday at the Snohomish Aquatic Center, flag football has their Metro championships on Saturday at Memorial Stadium, and gymnastics has their all-comers meet on Saturday at Ballard. Make sure to congratulate anyone that is on these teams and wish them well this week.
- Girls’ Wrestling @ Metro Championships (Chief Sealth) at 4:00
- JVC/JV Girls’ Basketball @ Graham-Kapowsin (Graham Kapowsin HS), JVC at 4:00, JV at 5:30
- Varsity Girls’ Basketball @ Graham-Kapowsin (Graham Kapowsin HS) at 7:00
- JV/Varsity Boys’ Basketball vs. Lakeside (Lynx Pavilion), JV at 5:45, Varsity at 7:30
- Bowling @ State Tournament (Bowlero in Tukwila) at 8:00
- JV/Varsity Girls’ Basketball @ Rainier Beach (Rainier Beach HS), JV at 5:45, Varsity at 7:30
- JVC Girls’ Basketball vs. Holy Names, 4pm
- Wrestling @ Garfield HS at 6:00 (Ingraham) and 7:30 (Garfield)
- JVC Girls’ Basketball @ Holy Names (Holy Names) at 4:00
- JV/Varsity Girls’ Basketball vs. Roosevelt (Lynx Pavilion), JV at 5:45, Varsity at 7:30 (for the Sound Division Championship!)
- Boys’ Swim & Dive @ District Championships (Snohomish Aquatic Center)
- Boys’ Wrestling @ Metro Championships (Chief Sealth) at 2:00
- Gymnastics @ Ballard (Ballard HS) at 7:00
- Boys’ Wrestling @ Metro Championships (Chief Sealth HS) all day– bus leaves at 8:00am and returns at TBD
- Boys’ Swim & Dive @ District Championships (Snohomish Aquatic Center) all day – bus leaves at 1:35 and returns at 8:15
- Gymnastics @ All-Comers Meet (Ballard HS) at 10:00
- Flag Football vs. Chief Sealth (Memorial Stadium) at 1:00, bus leaves at 11:45 and returns at 3:00
- Flag Football vs. Garfield/Eastside Catholic winner (Memorial Stadium) at 2:00 – Metro Championship Game
- The student store is open at lunch each day to pick up spirit gear and athletic bags. Please stop by to see Mr. Reed and pick up your items!
- Are you interested in clubs at Lincoln, but uncertain what all the LHS clubs are or how to join them? Information about club meeting times and locations, as well as student contacts for those clubs, can be found on the Lincoln ASB Schoology group under Resources–>Club Information.