Lincoln Daily Bulletin
Week of 5/23 – 5/27/2022
Next week is Spirit Week!!!! The theme for next week is…… Game of Lynx! Can’t want to see everyone’s sprit and support next week May 23rd to 27th!
- Monday (5/23) is Plants vs Zombies – dress up as a plant or a zombie
- Tuesday (5/24) is Wii Sports – wear jerseys or sports gear
- Wednesday (5/25) is Fireboy and Watergirl – Dynamic Duos Day! Dress up as an iconic duo with a friend
- Thursday (5/26) is Clash Royale – dress up as royalty, crown, robe, tiara, etc: no weapons allowed
- Friday (5/27) is Teetris – House Color Day, wear your house color to earn some house points!
Prom guest forms are now available outside Ms Neu’s office in the upper commons or using the link below. Guest forms are due no later than 4:00 on Wednesday May 25, and must be totally completed before they are approved. Guest forms are required for any guest attending prom who is not a current LHS student and a physical copy must be turned in – they cannot be turned in digitally. If you need one emailed to you, please email Ms Neu (chneuschwand) to request one. (5/25)
Looking for summer volunteer or job opportunities? Don’t forget to check the Summer Opportunities “wall” in the counseling office (room 245). Lots of fun and interesting opportunities are posted and information is updated frequently so check back often.
Wanted: Assembly Emcees! On Wednesday, June 15th, there will be a live stream assembly, and we are looking for people to emcee! This is an application for standing and talking in front of all the students and faculty, and keeping things running smoothly during the assembly. If you love to talk and perform charismatically- and can read lines, this might be for you. If you are chosen to be an emcee, you must be available for rehearsals after school on Monday, June 13th and Tuesday, June 14th from 3:35 – 4:30. You must also be able to miss 6th period on Wednesday June 15th. (5/26)
Calling all Lincoln writers and artists! This year at exhibitions, we’re rebooting Lincoln’s student writing magazine. Submissions can be fiction, nonfiction, essays, poetry, short stories, and so on. Art is welcomed, and we can display colored versions next to the black and white magazines. Email submissions to Samantha Lai at 1salai. Deadline for submissions is May 25th. (5/25)
On Wednesday, May 25th, the class of 2023 is hosting a photo booth to raise money for prom. Come to Mr. Snyder’s room (207) during lunch or after school. Photos can be bought in groups of 3 ($3) or 5 ($5) and they will be emailed to you via png. The theme is fire boy and water girl. (5/25)
Class of 2024! Crewneck fundraiser reminder!
- -Supporting YOUR prom
- -Orders end May 27th
Support Lynx Athletics
All matches are subject to change for the most up-to-date information visit the Metro League website.
All Metro tournaments have wrapped up for spring sports and we are now in postseason for a few sports.
- Baseball and Soccer competing over the weekend in the regionals for state, meaning both teams were in the last sixteen to still be alive for a state title. Both won their first game and lost their second to finish their seasons as state quarterfinalists. Well done to both those programs in our first year that spring sports were eligible to compete at the state level since Lincoln reopened!
- Boys’ Golf is at state Monday-Wednesday near Spokane. The players competing and excused are Isaac Elaimy, Ben Hanson, Sam Phippen, and Mateo Jarrett. Good luck golfers!
- Sho Ichikawa was able to qualify for state in tennis as a boys’ singles qualifier and will be traveling to state and competing on Friday. He finished 5th at districts; well done Sho!
- Track and Field had a successful two days of district qualifying last week and is competing at state on Thursday-Saturday at Mt. Tahoma High School in Tacoma. Events will start in the morning each day and continue throughout the day.
Championship week for WIAA is upon us and the 2021-2022 sports years concludes Saturday. Thank you for all your support and help with athletics at Lincoln! Your support and help is critical to our student-athletes’ success on and off the field/court!