Posted: | Updated:
Sent via School Messenger on July 15, 2022
Lincoln High School July 2022 Newsletter
We hope you’re having a fun and relaxing break!
Our main office will be open Wednesdays in July from 9-2:30, if you need to make an appointment for a different time to pick up/drop off items or for anything else, please email email@example.com
- 7/4 Final transcripts were uploaded and sent for all seniors who correctly selected colleges in Naviance. If you missed this deadline for adding your college or did not submit it correctly, you can order a transcript to be mailed at https://seattleschoolswa.scriborder.com
- 7/6 Report cards for all students were mailed home. For Juniors and Seniors the mailing included a final updated transcript. They are also available on the Source.
- 7/15 10am-12pm Library open for checkout and returns
- 8/15 Athletics Registration due: Register your student athlete here: https://lincolnhs.seattleschools.org/student-life/athletics/registration/
- 8/19 10am-12pm Library open for checkout and returns
- 8/17 Football begins
- 8/22 Fall sports begin
- 9/1 Ninth Grade welcome night 6:00pm-8:00pm
- 9/7 First day of School- staggered start times, check our website in August for details!
- 9/12 Fall play tryouts
- 9/21 Curriculum Night (tentative)
- 9/26-28 Picture Day
- 10/10 Homecoming week
- 10/12 SAT and PSAT (Tentative)details to come
- 10/14 No School- State in service day
You can see the full school year calendar for planning purposes HERE https://www.seattleschools.org/news/school-calendar/
Lost and found items have been donated, thank you to our parent volunteers who sorted and transported!
Yearbook sales are closed, the later run of orders will be in by mid August and we will notify families who ordered one when they come in.
Locker requests can be made through our custodian in mid September.
We do not anticipate that transportation will be running a Queen Anne Shuttle this fall, please plan accordingly.
Students- Keep Your ORCA Card!
Do not throw away your Orca card, your current ORCA card will become your NEW Free Youth Transit Pass. You can use your card during the summer and use for the upcoming 22-23 school year! Ignore the expiration date (8/31/22) on the back. If you lose your card, or it gets damaged email your request to: transORCA@seattleschools.org
For students who chose to not pick up an ORCA card during this past school year, they can pick up an ORCA Card in September, when the new school year begins. You will not be able to order an ORCA card over the summer. Only replacement requests will be considered.Questions? Please see https://www.seattleschools.org/departments/transportation/orca-card-information/
Happy summer, Lynx! It’s READING SEASON!
Come browse the library, say hi to Ms Scott, and check out or return books at our summer library hours on Friday July 15 and Friday August 19 from 10am – noon. Incoming 9th graders are welcome!
Library volunteers (or aspiring library volunteers): come help get new books ready and on the shelves on Thursday August 18 from 10am-noon. No sign up necessary.
We’ve got a padlet of summer reading recommendations. We’ll be adding to it all summer! Link is here: https://bit.ly/lincolnsummer2022
Read more on the library’s website Bit.ly/lincolnlibrarybooks
School Fees and Purchasing
Spirit Gear sales are posted on our website, pickup of purchased items can be done after August 10th. https://lincolnhs.seattleschools.org/student-life/spirit-gear/
ASB card payments and the universal school supply fee links will be on our website by August 15th.
Yearbook sales happen in the fall and families need to purchase one by the deadline, we do not order extras for spring sales. Please keep an eye out for further information in future newsletters!
If you have a book or textbook listed as lost or charged, don’t worry – as soon as you bring it back the fine will be erased. Need to take care of fines or lost items? You can pay on SchoolPay or talk to Ms Scott about alternatives.
Fall sport registration is open, and many sports are having summer practices, please see our website for coach contact info: https://lincolnhs.seattleschools.org/student-life/athletics/
The full competition schedule can be found on https://www.metroleaguewa.org/
We are looking forward to seeing you all in the fall!
Lincoln High School