Friday Family Email 9.23.2022
Posted: | Updated:
Summary: school picture days, HOCO, PSAT/SAT, backpack brigade, PTSA, back to school forms, order pictures, counseling corner
Sent via SchoolMessenger on Friday 9.23.2022
As we close out our first full week it feels great to be in the hallways and our classrooms getting to know and reconnecting with our students. Lincoln is 1600+ strong this year! #GoLynx #LincolnPride. Students are actively engaging in their classes. Check in with them and make sure you are reviewing the syllabi’s and Schoology pages for the classes they are taking.
A few highlights to share:
- 571 books checked out in our Library circulation since the start of the school year
- Over 50 clubs up and running
- Laptop distribution happened this week – make sure your student has opted either for an SPS device or BYOD (see last week’s email for more info)
- Athletic competitions are continuing with some key wins this week!
- Over 467 students are participating in fall athletics (even more when you include our club sports)
- Marching band will be at our football game tonight (9/23)
- 92% of students received all the classes they signed up for last spring and counselors have process schedule-change requests.
- 35 students auditioned for our fall drama production Twelfth Night
I hope you have a great weekend. Be sure to follow our updates on the web and social media.
Volunteer Call – SAT and PSAT help needed!
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (September 26-28) are picture days!
Our Curriculum Night has been postponed, we’ll get a new date out to families ASAP
- 10/01 Yearbook sales begin
- 10/03 Financial Aid night- see below for info
- 10/10 Homecoming week
- 10/12 SAT and PSAT details to come
- 10/14 No School- state in-service day
To see our daily announcements bulletin, visit our website.
College and Career Week is coming Oct 3-7.
- Lynx Time and Lunch each day – Come visit our counselors about beginning the college search, trade/apprenticeship programs, application process, personal statements, searching for scholarships, resume/activity logs, etc.
- Get to know your LHS community members’ college and career journeys. Posted on the wall outside of the Counseling Center.
- Monday 10/3 – Financial Aid Night from 5:00 to 7:00pm in the LHS Library. Students and families can come learn more about the financial aid application process as well as have a space to get started on the applications. Assistance from the counseling team and volunteers will be available that evening.
- Friday 10/7 – College and/or Career gear. Dress up and rep your college, career, program, or where you plan to be/doing after high school! *This is for HOUSE POINTS*.
We have some forms that you can quickly fill out if you’re willing to volunteer with the events. We are appreciative of your time and energy in serving our students!
Volunteer form (please submit response by Friday 9/30)
SAT and PSAT
SPS will have school day SAT and PSATs this year. Tests are free to all 11th and 12th grade students, they are pre-registered, and there is nothing families need to do at this time.
Both tests will happen on Oct 12th, more specifics regarding the schedule and preparing for the day 9th and 10th graders will have school this day.
Supply Fees and ASB Cards
Thank you to all who have taken care of fees. If you have not yet had the opportunity to take care of these fees, please see the info below. As always, let your counselor know if you need assistance with any costs.
Universal Supply Fee: Lincoln is implementing a universal $80 supply fee for the 2022-2023 school year. Look for the Universal Supply link on SchoolPay. We welcome additional donations from families via SchoolPay to help support those who are unable to pay the $80 fee.
ASB Cards: All students are encouraged to purchase an ASB student activity card for $45 on SchoolPay. Students who participate in athletics are required to purchase one. Benefits include discounts on select items and events throughout the year. If you purchased ASB but it did not print on your ID card, please go see Mr Lee in the commons during lunch or after school to get the sticker added to your card.
Lincoln High School Homecoming week is October 10-14.
This year, we will be able to have a Homecoming social (dance & other activities). The Homecoming Social will be on Saturday, October 15, from 8:00-11:00 pm, at Lincoln HS.
Homecoming tickets begin at $15 for students with ASB cards, and $20 for tickets without ASB, and each week the price increases by $5. Tickets will go on sale on Monday, September 26 during lunch and after school, with before school ticket sales beginning Wednesday September 28. All tickets must be purchased in person (no ticket sales through SchoolPay), and students will need to show student ID to purchase. If LHS students intend to bring a non-Lincoln guest, they will need to pick up and fill out an outside guest form. These are available outside the activities office on the 2nd floor, and in the main office, and need to be completed and returned no later than October 7. Guest tickets will be available for purchase beginning October 3, but LHS students are limited to one guest ticket and LHS students will be given priority for ticket purchases over outside guests.
Back to School Forms
All families also need to complete a Data Verification Form on the Source. This is used to verify your student’s demographic information, emergency contact information, and other data. The 2022-23 student data verification form will be available ONLY from Sept. 1 – 30. The Source has lots of other great information including student attendance and course work.
Could you use some extra food for the weekend? Backpack Brigade is a new support at Lincoln that provides food for families! We receive bags of meals and snacks for families that might not have access to food on the weekend. The bags have nutritious, kid-friendly, name-brand items that kids will recognize and that will not spoil. All bags have 12-13 items:
3 each of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. We offer 6 menus, to represent the kid’s dietary, cultural or religious needs. We receive bags of food every Thursday and they can be picked up after school on Thursdays or anytime on Fridays. Please see Mr. Flavors in the Library, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 206-413-2500, if you are interested in receiving some food for the weekend.
School Pictures Days 9/26, 9/27 and 9/28
School pictures are used for the yearbook and Student ID card. All students will get their picture taken. Students who have paid for their ASB card by Sept 23 will have the ASB sticker printed on their ID card. The link to pay for ASB is available on SchoolPay
Families can find out about preorder photos here:
- Print preorders orders will be shipped directly to students’ homes within three weeks after the picture day
- Digital preorders orders will be sent via email from email@example.com within three weeks after the picture day (use “firstname.lastname@example.org“ to search your inbox/spam folders if you don’t see the email come through)
- ID cards will be printed onsite and handed to students at the time of their photo
- Photos will be available for online viewing about a week after picture day, using the student’s school ID number (there is no deadline to view and order, and these orders will be shipped/emailed within 10-14 business days after the order is placed)
- For questions, please contact email@example.com
Pictures will be taken on 9/26, 9/27, and 9/28. Because school ID cards can be used as a legal form of identification, students are not permitted to hold props or wear non-religious head coverings for their photo. Students wearing masks will be asked to remove them just long enough for the photo to be taken and can then replace them.
All students will be doing photos during their science classes. Running Start students can get their pictures taken anytime on Sept 26, 27 or 28. Students absent on their regular day, or students who do not have a science class at LHS, can make up later in the picture day window or on our make up day. Order before or after picture day either way works. Prices are the same and all orders are shipped home.
Senior Portraits are due by January 15th and need to be uploaded.
- Type in the school code: lincoln2023
- then choose “upload your portrait”.
Portraits need to be in a portrait configuration (not landscape), and be in high resolution format. Portraits need to be classy, clean, and it is not a requirement that they are professionally done. You may take them or have a friend take them.
Families can now subscribe to the full SPS calendar!
The web team added all the districtwide 2022-23 events such as breaks, no school days, early dismissals, etc. (we will add graduation dates very soon). To find your school’s calendar page go to your school website and then add /calendar to the end of the URL. For Lincoln, here is the calendar URL https://lincolnhs.seattleschools.org/calendar. The subscribe link is in the bottom-right under the month calendar grid.
Your participation is an integral part of our PTSA work building an association of diverse voices.
There are so many reasons to join the PTSA @ Lincoln HS to support students, teachers, and the community. Annual dues are $15 and support advocacy, student enrichment programs and services as well as teacher trainings and resources. Please note, scholarships are available. If you need financial assistance for membership dues, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership must be renewed each year; it doesn’t automatically renew.
Mark your calendars! The Fall PTSA Membership meeting will be on 11/17/22 from 6-8PM in the Lincoln Library. PTSA is a great way to support your student and school. All families are encouraged to attend.